DATA POINT: HOW’S YOUR COLOR BUSINESS?
ISBN’s first MUSE Data Report is slated to hit ISBN members’ inboxes soon, and the Q1 2020 topic is all about hair color, acknowledged by most members and industrywide as continuing to be a key business driver in 2019 and growth opportunity in 2020.
The new report is exclusive to ISBN members and sponsors, and the report will be presented directly in a downloadable format designed to be shared with key leaders and influencers throughout the ISBN member’s organization.
The first edition of the MUSE Data Report is sponsored by Vish, and features data that will help members benchmark and analyze:
- color product usage
- color service pricing
- profitability per type of color service
The exclusive-to-ISBN members MUSE DATA Report will also feature a case study of a multi-unit salon business. In addition to other data and insights, the owner explains how changing and measuring behaviors at the color dispensary actually helped his business generate new hair color revenues.
Other contributors to the first edition of the MUSE Data Report on Hair Color include:
- data and trend spotlights from ISBN sponsors and partners CosmoProf, Goldwell and Redken
- members MUSE-ings on 2019 color results and 2020 color forecasts, including the Ratner Company, Penzone Salon + Spa, Zona Professional Salons, Ulta Beauty, Design1 and Birds Barbershop.
- results of the first ISBN/SALON TODAY Beauty Pulse quick survey on Color Trends
- industry data on the hair color category from Kline
Future editions of ISBN’s quarterly MUSE Data Reports will focus on Employment and Workforce trends (Q2 release in April), Professional Retail Trends (Q3 release in July) and Consumer Marketing (Q4 release in October).