Salon, spa and barber professionals have always been trained and licensed in sanitation, and BARBICIDE has become one of the most iconic mages in professional beauty. For more than 70 years, the blue bottle has signified a safe, clean environment for every salon service, from haircuts to nail care, clipper trimming to brow shaping.
As beauty and grooming businesses across the country start or prepare to reopen, it’s important that salons and professionals demonstrate this expertise and take it to the next level, maintaining visible best practices of sanitation. BARBICIDE has been on the frontlines supporting the beauty industry with tips, tools and resources.
In addition to the free downloadable Back to Work Plan and online BARBICIDE Certification programs available at barbicide.com, the company just announced May 4 the next chapter of its certification initiative, a new BARBICIDE Safe Service Establishment program.
This program is designed to build confidence for both the professional and the consumer, assuring that best practices in infection control are understood and applied, with educational content and certification specifically for salons, spas, barbershops and schools.
Becoming BARBICIDE certified requires the establishment to adhere to a set of more than 20 standards that represent best practice in infection control and to keep records of that compliance. Each BARBICIDE Certified Safe Service Establishment will be issued:
- a customized certificate
- weekly compliance checklists
- a digital credential that can be shared through social networks
These tools provide the certified establishments a way to demonstrate their commitment to the safety of their clients and employees.
Each participating establishment will also be added to BARBICIDE’s “Safe Service Establishment” finder on barbicide.com – driving customers who seek a safe experience to certified establishments based on their location.
The basic individual certification for stylists, barbers, estheticians and nail techs remains free, the new BARBICIDE Safe Service Establishment program has a $30 annual certification fee, with 20% donated to the COVID-19 Relief Fund administered by ISBN partner association, Professional Beauty Association (PBA).
SANITATION ACTION PLAN
As you customize and connect with your entire team to prioritize ongoing efforts to protect client and staff health, consider tapping into these BARBICIDE resources:
- Choose from a complete collection of BARBICIDE products.
- Demonstrate dedication to safe services in the salon by becoming BARBICIDE certified, both individually and as an establishment. Suggest team members complete the free online course at barbicide.com. This “back to cosmetology school” refresher takes less than an hour and includes an option to instantly print a personalized certificate that can be displayed in the salon or on social media.
- Evaluate the process and benefits of becoming certified as a safe establishment. (See details above and on barbicide.com).
- Communicate your sanitation standards to clients and consumers. Identify your talking points with staff, use signage in-salon, and share info about your sanitation policies and protocols on email and social media marketing.
- Review downloadable checklists, documents and podcasts at barbicide.com for the latest sanitation tips, COVID-19 related updates and more.
Disinfection and Ongoing Safety Reminders
To keep everyone in the salon more comfortable amidst the renewed focus on health and public safety, tap into reminders from BARBICIDE’s Back to Work Plan, keeping in mind that ALL states have health and public safety rules that MUST be followed at all times. These best practice examples may go above and beyond what a state requires. Visit barbicide.com for more info and resources.