Reopen, Refresh, Recover: PPE Options and Your Salon Environment
By now, most salons, spas and barbershop businesses have reopened. Salon execs and leadership teams have gone through the first wave of preparations and adjustments for clients and staff members to return as safely as possible, while pivoting through a constantly evolving COVID-19 situation.
As states move from one phase to the next, keeping a steady stream of needed PPE on hand and planning for longer term demand is one new priority for professional beauty leaders. Presenting a consistently fresh, safe, welcoming and comforting environment for guests and team members is another. Minerva Beauty is helping the beauty industry with both.
New, Trusted and Innovative PPE Source
A long-time supporter of ISBN and Conference, the team at Minerva Beauty has led the conversation to help salons reinvent systems, stations and salon processes, and have leveraged Minerva’s supply resources and customized approach to include a curated range of quality PPE supplies.
Minerva Beauty Director of Corporate Relations Jeff Grissler and Director of Marketing Megan Ferlito helped host one of the earliest industry webinars on coping with COVID-19, presented by ISBN media partner Salon Today, and have been brainstorming and problem-solving with salons in real time ever since.
Beyond their natural expertise in helping salons reconfigure salon space and get organized with easily sanitized and beautifully designed carts, customizable station dividers and salon equipment, Grissler says the Minerva team saw salons having challenges securing enough PPE, as well as an unmet need for eco-friendly disposable towels. So, they secured wholesale distribution rights for the U.S. and expanded their menu to offer biodegradable Easydry towels, disposable capes and more.
Preparing for New Expectations
We understand this time of uncertainty and rapidly changing expectations can be daunting, Ferlito adds. “Minerva is here to help our customers get the supplies you need now, to refine your space, and to set yourself apart from other salons and spas in your area.”
Three things to focus on as you keep hitting the refresh button and build out your salon, spa or barber business recovery strategy:
- Keep looking for simple ways to update your space, including lighting and easy refreshes of equipment and accessories.
- Keep communicating with guests and associates about what you continue to do to keep them safe. Don’t miss a chance to update them on every change and upgrade. Tell your local media what you are doing, too. Become the expert in beauty business best practices.
- Keep acquiring and improving your PPE assortment and tools to sanitize your equipment.
Here are some of the must-haves Minerva Beauty recommends and offers:
- Disposable, eco-friendly towels. Disposable, biodegradable Easydry towels add an additional level of hygiene that can be provided to each client. The towels are also biodegradable.
- Disposable capes. Need a quick solution for capes? Disposable is a great way to go.
- Sterilizers and sanitizers. Ensure tools and equipment are sanitized between every client with Minerva’s tailored selection (including larger cabinets) of UV sterilizers and autoclave sanitizers.
- Plexiglass shields and guards. Expanded collection of plexiglass partitions help your employees and customers feel more at ease completing transactions.
- Reusable cloth face masks. Give your stylists some flare with reusable cloth face masks – available in black as well as a variety of attractive prints. A steady supply of fresh masks in good condition helps boost safety confidence.
- Station partitions. Dividers between stations may provide additional peace of mind for your staff and customers
Managing client and employee expectations about salon safety will remain critical to business success, Grissler concludes. “What does that look like for you?” he asks. “It goes beyond the chairs and stations. It may be shields for your front desk, fresh sets of anti-fatigue mats for your stylists or offering disposable capes.”
Ferlito agrees that Minerva’s offering a range of PPE is good business and good service to the industry. “If we’ve learned anything in the past four months, it’s that you have to do right by other people, show you care and offer help.”
To learn more about and shop Minerva’s collection of PPE and sanitation equipment, read this blog article on minervabeauty.com. For bulk order discounts on select items, contact Jeff Grissler by phone at 646-675-0575 or by email at email@example.com.
More facts about Minerva:
- Located in Monroe, GA with largest salon and spa equipment showroom in the United States (take the virtual tour)
- 100,000-square-foot warehouse of ready-to-ship items right next door
- Currently service over 170,000 salons and spas worldwide
- Constantly developing new products to keep up with the fast-paced beauty industry (PPE solutions are the latest in a series of innovations)
Minerva Beauty’s social media accounts are great resources for salon info and inspo!